Migrated install (copied) to new OS, BCDiff isn’t working

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Migrated install (copied) to new OS, BCDiff isn’t working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    samej71
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve recently migrated an install from Vista 32 to Vista 64, everything seems to be working (that I’ve tried) except for Beyond Compare.

I re-ran the installer using the "registry only" checkbox, hoping it wouldn’t overwrite my macro edits, etc, but this didn’t fix beyond compare.

I thought I’d attempt to register the DLL manually, but here I am so you can guess that how that turned out. :)

Is there a way to get it working again? I’m guessing maybe it is broken because the path to the file has changed (Program Files (x86) versus Program Files)?

–James

DanHughes
    Participant

James,

I just installed Multi-Edit 2008 onto my Vista Ultimate 64 system and BCDiffer is working fine there. The BCDiffer.dll file should be located in the main Multi-Edit directory and is loaded directly by Multi-Edit thus no registry access is needed. I have no idea why it wouldn’t work.

One thing to try is to rename your current Multi-Edit directory and then reinstall Multi-Edit and see if that works. If it does then you can copy your changes over to the working directory. If you have changed system macros I’d recommend that you store them in a different directory than the main Src directory. You can compile macros from any directory.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.