Multi Edit 9 and help files

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Multi Edit 9 and help files

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    batman42ca
    Participant

I finally got around to trying the verison of Multi Edit 9 that I’ve had for a long time and never installed. I also applied the upgrade to Multi Edit 9.0d

I am unable to access the help files within Multi Edit 9. I tried what is suggested here:

[url:30ugpyqk]http://www.multieditsoftware.com/TheDev/v03_i01_2006.htm#CLH[/url:30ugpyqk]

.. but still no luck. In fact, when I try to rebuild the macro library, I get this.

Unfortunately I can neither expand the window nor copy the text to get access to the full error message.

I know it’s a long shot because Multi Edit 9 is so old but does anyone have any thoughts?
    Multi-Edit-error.jpg

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,

First thing you might try is to upgrade to the latest version of 9.0 which is 9.0e, the download to do that is here: http://multiedit.com/downloads.php

Did you do a recompile on help.s before running the macro library rebuild?

What was the oringinal error trying to see the help file?

Thanks,
    Clay

batman42ca
    Participant

Actually I quoted the wrong version of MultiEdit. It is version 9.0e.

Yes, I did compile help.s first.

When I try to access the help file by pressing F1 or by selecting Help > Contents, nothing happens. No error, no response, nothing.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

What OS are you using. If it is win7 or vista, did you install Multi-Edit (ME) into the program files directory tree? Did you follow the other instructions in that post and locate the help file and verify the path to in in Manage help files?

Thanks,
    Clay

batman42ca
    Participant

I’m using Windows XP SP3.

I installed Multi-Edit 9 in the Program Files directory. I can verify that my path to the help files is correct. If I copy and paste the path to a DOS prompt, the help file opens up.

I previously edited the DOS path to include Multi-Edit 9. In case it matters, I also have Multi-Edit 8 installed, but as a test I changed the name of the Multi-Edit 8 directory in case there was a conflict, but it had no effect.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I don’t have a copy of V9, so could you go to the shortcut for rebuild macro library and copy the command line and paste it in a post here. This way I can see the particular command line switches for the rebuild for v9.
    Thanks,
    Clay

batman42ca
    Participant

The rebuild macro library command looks like this:

[code:1fezxcav]"C:\Program Files\Multi-Edit 9\CmacWin.exe" -L UTILS\MEWMCL32.LST -PMac -ISrc[/code:1fezxcav]

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Can you find this file in your Mac directory: MEW.MCL

If you look at MEWMCL32.LST does it mention the file WebLair.mac?

Thanks,
    Clay

batman42ca
    Participant

Yes, the MEW.MCL file exists in the Mac directory.

I looked at mewmcl32.lst in the Utils directory. WebLair.mac appears in the file twice.

Once under [SPLIT] and once under [MERGE]. Mew.mcl also appears that way twice. Everything else is under a [MERGE] tag. Here is the file:

[code:2ila42o4][SPLIT]
    mew.mcl

[MERGE]
    mew.mcl
    block
    db
    dbtools
    dialog
    exit
    fonts
    fprompt
    help
    idexe
    language
    listctrl
    meerror
    menus
    metools
    meutil1
    mew
    mewsys
    mouse
    panes
    paste
    previewpane
    property
    regexp
    search
    tbmgr
    text
    treectrl
    userin
    window
    winexec

[SPLIT]
    weblair.mac

[MERGE]
    weblair.mac
    weblairx
    wlurlmgr
    webrowse
    wlbrsmgr
    wlparse
    wlcontxt
    wlcommon
    wlformat
    wlhicode
    wltags
    [/code:2ila42o4]

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

As best as I can tell, the file looks ok, provided you had weblair installed. All I can think of now is that one of the files in the list (mac files to be merged) is not in your mac directory. You might try looking in your mac directory and seeing if you can spot the missing file.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.