Multi-Edit "search all"

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Multi-Edit "search all"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kennyblair
    Participant

Starting a few months ago, when I perform a "select all", regardless of the size of the file that I have loaded, my Mult-Edit session stops responding. I have to kill the session and reopen the file.

I have had this version installed for a few years, any idea what may be going on?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    What version are you running?

Are you using sessions tied to projects? What are the values set for Tools-Customize-Sessions?

Thanks,
    Clay

kennyblair
    Participant

No, these are just stand alone "text" files (electronic claim files for example). I typically restrict my search to specific columns, and the number of occurences of the string increments to what appears to be the at or near the total occurences, but the search does not complete.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    My mistake, the text of your post said "I perform a "select all"," I did not notice the title.

Try this:
    Go to View-Find List 0, if the entry is not checked please click on it. Then in the find list pane (below the edit window).
    Click on the little arrow in the upper left corner of the pane and then choose clear all.
    Repeat this for Find List 1.

If this does not work, then in file manager, locate the config directory (the following post tells you how) and in the Tmp directory, under the Config directory delete the following files. Multi-Edit should not be running when you do this.
    viewtopic.php?t=2013
    The files
    Mefind1.tmp
    Mefind0.tmp

That should solve your problem.

Thanks,
    Clay

kennyblair
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. The problem was the size of the Mefind1.tmp file. Apparently the file was too big for Multi-Edit to load. Once I removed both of the temp files and cleaned up the "bak" directory, the search all function starting working again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.