Need help clearing find list via macro

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support Need help clearing find list via macro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I have a customer with the issue that (his work restrictions) is causing him to get that dreaded treeview 1000 error every time he exits ME if he had done a search and has not cleared the find list before exiting (arrow button on the find list tool pane and selecting Clear all).
    I have located a function that would do the job _FindlstClearAll(), but you can’t call it from the macro run as either _FindlstClearAll(0) or Search^_FindlstClearAll(0) which is critical for being able to place it in a macro followed by Exit. The function is located in search.s but there is no search.mac. Evidentially the search functions are used by the #include search.sh, in other mac files, but the search.sh does not prototype _FindlstClearAll(). The only reference is setting it in a hook to attach to that button.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

Clay,
    Have you considered copying search^_FindLstClearAll to another .S and changing the name and commenting it was code taken from search.s ? Maybe not an optimal way to do it but it would be better then nothing?

CharlesG
    Participant

Clay,
    In “C:\My Programs\Multi-Edit 2008\Defaults\Startup.cfg” is:

================================
    ;
    ; Cleanup All Tmp Files
    ;
    ; GStr @ME_Exit_Macro@ Cleanup
    ================================

not tried it yet but what of changing “Cleanup” to “_FindLstClearAll” ??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.