Prevent Vista from asking permission to launch MEW?

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Prevent Vista from asking permission to launch MEW?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MewUser
    Participant

I am running Vista 64bit Ultimate, with MEW 11.03.
    At one point, I was able to get MEW to start without having UAC interrupt me. At one point in the upgrade path from 11.00 to 11.03, this UAC business is back again.

I have a shortcut for MEW which has in the Properties Advanced tab, the Run as Administrator chosen.
    Compatibility tab has for Privilege Level Run as Administrator chosen.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

DanHughes
    Participant

By default under Vista I believe anytime you have an application that isn’t signed, which Multi-Edit isn’t, and you try to run it as Administrator you will be prompted. So you can either uncheck the "Run as Administrator" option for the Multi-Edit shortcut or change the "UAC Behavior of the elevations prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to "Elevate without prompt" with the secpol.msc program.

Multi-Edit 2008 can run without admin privileges so turning the Run as … option off would probably be the best option. Earlier versions of Multi-Edit used a different compiler runtime library which caused the COM server to always be registered upon startup and thus forcing the need for Admin rights.

MewUser
    Participant

I removed both permission checks, and nothing changes!

Same behavior on 11.04!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.