Problem Opening a project file

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Problem Opening a project file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Clay Martin
    Keymaster

I’m having problems opening an existing project. When I try to open the project file (Project-Open project-Select the mep file-Open button) the system freezes for a moment (no repaint) then I get an error popup. Title bar:Error body:Project Exists and an OK button. Pressing OK removes the popup, but no project has been opened.

Now, right before the error started occuring, I had opened URL manager and pressed the scan button. This caused a error popup (I was in rush so I didn’t write down the message :oops: ), something about control id invalid. Since that pop up kept commming back, and Cntr-Break didn’t help, I killed MEW. When I restarted, there was no project open, and well… that is when the project open error started.

I’m hoping that I don’t need to restore the project file from a backup, and appreciate any help you can render.

Thanks,
    Clay

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

I ended up restoring the project file from backup (really nead to backup more often :roll: ) and tried to reproduce the error that trashed the mep file. Although I did get a strange and undecypherable message, the project file still seems ok. The message occured during the URL manager scan
    Title: Project file C:\pathname\morepath…
    Body : Continue? and had a yes and no button.
    Since I didn’t see this mesage before, and nothing appeers to be trashed :? ,it apears that I can’t reproduce the problem. Oh well

Thanks anyway
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.