Record hook not freed??

Home Forums Multi-Edit Support Record hook not freed??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    srwike
    Participant

I’m trying to record a session macro and I’m getting this error message. This is on an XP system and it just started happening. Any ideas what this means or how to solve it?

Ferenc
    Participant

I have a similar problem with a difference: my computer doesn’t accept any inputs from keyboard or clicks with the mouse just starting of recording but I don’t become this message promptly at start. The message doesn’t appear till I press “ctrl-alt-del”.

Does anybody know a solution?

rhett135
    Participant

I have the exact same error anytime I try to record a macro, also on an XP system. Did you ever find the solution?

ebvigmo
    Participant

This is a critical problem. I can’t use keyboard macros anymore. First posted in February and still no workaround. My computer freezes until Ctrl-Alt-Delete is pressed. :?

I might have to learn EMACS after all! Yuk.

Carloche
    Participant

On these previous posts and in the 3 users I’ve had email in the error, we’ve been unable to reproduce the issue, but sending in and/or posting your Meconfig.db and Wcmdmap.db so myself, Development and others can take a look at the issue would be great.

Like I said, we’ve only seen a handful of these errors and have not yet tracked down the cause, but attention to this has been passed on to the Dev Team and hopefully we’ll get to the bottom of this for you. In the interim, I’ve found that doing a clean install into a separate directory lets you get back to work and using the Macro recording feature again without issue and as the others in this post have mentioned, it doesn’t seem to be specifically an XP SP2 issue, so it may be something else, program or internal corruption of your current install.

ebvigmo
    Participant

Here ya go and thanks.
    Config.zip

Carloche
    Participant

Excellent, thank you.

Carloche
    Participant

If everyone in this thread that has had the error occur for them could list what kind of access they had on their computers at the time of the problem (Power User, Restricted, Limited, Administrator, etc.) that would help tremendously.

ebvigmo
    Participant

Administrator.

Graeme
    Participant

I have had this happen before – unfortunatley I have not been able to recreate it reliably.

I have got administrator access.

I run the networked version of multiedit. I have noticed that if the connection to the server is lost at any point then the macro system stops working properly – every time a macro is attempted to be executed you get a dialog saying ‘error loading transient macro’. This also means that you cannot quit multiedit or load files. You have to kill Mew32 through task manager and then restart it.

Graeme

Carloche
    Participant

Are others also running on networks? Checked permissions on the folder containing your config files, which hold the macros?

ReidSweatman
    Participant

Well, if you lose your net connection, and your personal macro store is on the net, rather than on a local hard drive, naturally there will be a problem the next time a macro is required that isn’t currently held in operating memory.

Graeme
    Participant

Sorry – I am using Multi Edit 9.1 (although the behaviour was the same in 7.11)

The network connection is still valid – it happens if the connection is lost and restored – i.e. the server rebooted – disable and then reenable the network interface on your local macine and it still gives the same error.

ReidSweatman
    Participant

Not sure, but I believe the effect would be the same, so long as MEW was given time to notice that it didn’t have access to its compiled macro files.

GeoJeff
    Participant

If anyone cares, I am on XP SP2, with Multi-Edit 8j and am also getting the “Record hook not freed” error when ever I try and record a keyboard macro. :cry:

Jeff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.