Reid Sweatman’s templates, etc.

Home Forums Multi-Edit User/Developer Additional Language/Compiler Support Reid Sweatman’s templates, etc.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Read Sweatman a long time ME user and developer has provided a zip file of MANY of his templates, colors, modified CMac code, etc. Below is the content of the readme file that is in the zip. Here is the link to the file
    Download

Hi, I’m Reid Sweatman. Long ago, in the Before-Time, I was Director of Software Development for Multi-Edit. I had always intended to
    release the various pieces of the Multi-Edit environment I had created for myself, but somehow, it just never happened. After being
    out of programming for some years, I picked it up again, mostly as a hobby, and brought many things I’d left pending to completion.
    Finally, albeit a bit late in the game, I’m sharing it all, for the benefit of those who, like myself, think Multi-Edit is still
    better in many ways than anything else out there. Feel free to use it as you will. The only restriction I put on it is that if you,
    in turn, pass any of this on, you pass on the entire distribution, with all copyrights left intact, both mine, and any others that
    may be present. If you find bugs or inaccurate documentation, or have suggestions, please feel free to email me at the address given
    below (in the readme in the zip file, as I did not want bots to get it or reply to this topic and I will pass it along to him).

Note that this material was developed on and for Multi-Edit 2008, v11.04. I haven’t tested any of it on earlier versions, although
    I’d guess that a lot of it would work on ME 2006, and possibly on ME v9.10. But no guarantees.

That said, The contents of the distribution are as follows, by directory:

Color Schemes
    Color Export.mcx An export file containing several color schemes of my own devise. The names shouldn’t collide with any
    existing schemes, certainly not any that ship with Multi-Edit. Install them using the Import/Export
    functionality under the Customize menu. I tend to use one of the pale teal schemes for daylight work,
    and the first black scheme for working in a darkened room. All of these were submitted for inclusion,
    but didn’t get into any release, I think, because Dan didn’t think anyone would like them. Now you
    get to decide for yourself.

KeyMaps
    ReidCUA.db My modification of the CUA keymap. Put it in your \Config.04 directory, then start ME and make it active.
    This map contains a number of custom entries, mostly beginning with ctrl-R, as well as Menu and ToolBar
    modifications to run several of my macros. You can always inactivate it and switch back to your own.
    ReidCUA.txt The Command Map Report for the keymap (generated by MEW).

Languages These are ME export files created by the Auto Export Extension option in the export facility, in case
    you’re trusting enough to just import my entire setup for a language wholesale. You can also get most of
    the same results a piece at a time with some of the other things in this distribution, like the Color
    Schemes, Templates, and Reserved Word Lists. Not the language and extension dialog settings, though,
    although you can simply read them from these files and hand-enter them.

C Extension Export.mcx My C language setup.
    C++ Extension Export.mcx My C++ language setup.
    CMac Extension Export.mcx My CMac language setup.

Macro Source Note: use 4-char space-expanded tabs, a 140-char margin, and collapse on the regex ^\f for these files.
    For viewing sections with embedded debugging code, collapse inverted on:
    = DEBUGGING CODE|(TTRACE(?!_))|_DEBUG_|DBG_MSG|BLOCK_INFO|DebugLog|(^//)
    Use the code as is, or mine it for new tricks, particularly the more intricate specimens.

RShared.s/.sh The meat of the distribution. Ninety-four macros ranging from general-purpose to highly specialized. Note
    that mAlign() is still a work-in-progress, but if you wish, you can use it; it’s capable of some nifty
    feats, although the file and reserved-word list functionality isn’t code-complete, and its learning curve
    is a tad steep. What can I say? RTFM. Really, RTFM.

RDebug.s/.sh General-purpose CMac debugging routines.

IDeque.s/.sh Implementation of integer deques, queues, stacks, and arrays for use in CMac macros.
    IArray.sh See RShared^mAlign() for several examples of usage and functionality.
    IQueue.sh
    IStack.sh

SDeque.s/.sh Implementation of string deques, queues, stacks, and arrays for use in CMac macros.
    SArray.sh See RShared^mAlign() for several examples of usage and functionality.
    SQueue.sh
    SStack.sh

Modified ME Source
    FindShowRegExMenu.s Replacement for the macro of the same name in Search.s, giving full regex reference. Installation
    instructions are at the top of the file.

REAlias
    REAlias.txt My own (mostly) regular expression aliases, in a readable file format created by RShared^mRegexToText().
    You can either enter them by hand (tedious) or use RShared^mTextToRegex() to convert back to ME database
    format, then replace the REALIAS section of MEConfig.db with it. (Work on a copy, then move it back into
    the \Config.04 directory with ME shut down).

Reserved Word Lists These lists were intended for distribution with MEW 9.04, but for whatever reason didn’t ship with that
    version. They represent a considerable amount of work with the then-current language specs (which still
    reside on my desk, and expensive they were, ouch!) The groupings by list were chosen to work well with
    both the shipped color schemes, and the additional ones I submitted, included above. Because of the way
    reserved word lists work in MEW, you can only enter roughly 4K characters worth of words in each of the
    four lists on the Language dialog (Max_Line_Length in total). Using .mwl files gets around that limitation.
    There is the potential for some slowdown in redraw times, but honestly, I’ve never seen any. All these
    lists are length-sorted using RShared^mSortByLength(), which gets around some syntax highlighting quirks.

(Put in \Config.04 directory, first backing up any files already there with the same names.)

C.mwl C language RW list.
    C++.mwl C++ language RW list.
    CMac.mwl CMac language RW list.
    MASM.mwl MASM x86 assembly language RW list.
    ASM.mwl ASM x86 assembly language RW list (superset of MASM).

RWL
    Various .rwl files These are my own rwl files, used by several of the macros in RShared.s. If you prefer, you can generate
    your own, but it’s probably easier to edit these, because it was a little tricky to create some of them.
    For info on what they are, and how to use them, read the documentation on mFormatReservedWords(),
    mListCMacVariables(), and mListPasVariables() in RShared.s. I park this directory beneath my \Config.04
    directory. That’s where the key mappings, ToolBox icons, and menu commands in ReidCUA that use .rwl files
    expect to find them. Note particularly WindowsOS.rwl, Basic CMac.rwl, and MEW Dialog.rwl.

Templates There’s quite a lot of effort in these template files, polished over the last twenty-five years (!). Enjoy!

(Either copy templates by hand from the .txt files, import the .mcx files, or back up your existing
    .tpt files, then copy these .tpt files in their place, with ME not running.)

C.tpt My C language templates.
    C Template.txt My C language templates in a readable format created by RShared^mTemplateToText().
    C Template Export.mcx My C language templates in an ME export file (importing these WILL collide with existing ones, so look at
    C Template.txt first, to see what’s there.)

C++.tpt My C++ language templates. Note that I use C++, rather than CPP as the language name.
    C++ Template.txt My C++ language templates in a readable format created by RShared^mTemplateToText().
    C++ Template Export.mcx My C++ language templates in an ME export file (importing these may collide with existing ones, so look
    at C++ Template.txt first, to see what’s there.)

CMac.tpt My CMac language templates.
    CMac Template.txt My CMac language templates in a readable format created by RShared^mTemplateToText().
    CMac Template Export.mcx My CMac language templates in an ME export file (importing these WILL collide with existing ones, so look
    at CMac Template.txt first, to see what’s there.)

Global.tpt My global templates. A few of these are used by templates in the sets above, so you’ll need to put versions
    tweaked to your own information in your own global template file.
    Global Template.txt My global templates in a readable format created by RShared^mTemplateToText().
    Global Template Export.mcx My CMac language templates in an ME export file. You’d probably be better off just hand entering the
    important ones from the text file version above.

All contents of this distribution copyright (c) 2020 by Reid Sweatman. All rights reserved.
    The author assumes no responsibility for any loss incurred by the use of the contents of this distribution. In other words, you’re on
    your own, m’Bucko.

Reid Sweatman

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Clay Martin. Reason: fix link
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.