Reverse UPD processing

Home Forums Multi-Edit Suggestions Reverse UPD processing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1,016 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

CharlesG
    Participant

Update.upd will modify language settings; what would be nice is to have the ability to actually select a stored language setup, then create a UPD file so the same settings can be moved to a new MEW install, or easily edited, for instance for a newer version of the same language. also maybe have the UPD heavily commented.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

If you go to Tools-Customize-Import/Export select a language and press the export button. Note where the file is going to be stored, then press OK. If you open that file you will find the entries you would need to add a Language. These could be pasted into a upd file.

CharlesG
    Participant

I have gone to Tools-Customize-Import/Export selected JPSoft language and press the export button. Note where the file is going to be stored, (C:\Users\Galloway\AppData\Roaming\Multi Edit Software\Multi-Edit\11\Config.04\Export.mcx) but there is nothing in the export.mcr – even if I close MEW.

JPSoft.JPG

CharlesG
    Participant

I got it to work finally. After exporting a language – I see:

Dat LANG=JPSOFTRW1=ACTIVATE ALIAS ASSOC ATTRIB BEEP BREAK CALL CANCEL CASE CD CDD CHCP CHDIR CLS COLOR COPY CTTY DATE DDEEXEC DEFAULT DEL DELAY DESCRIBE DETACH DIR DIRHISTORY DIRS DO DPATH DRAWBOX DRAWHLINE DRAWVLINE ECHO ECHOERR ECHOS ECHOSERR ENDLOCAL ENDSWITCH ERASE ESET EXCEPT EXIT FFIND FOR FREE FTYPE GLOBAL GOSUB GOTO HELP HISTORY IF IFF INKEY INPUT KEYBD KEYS KEYSTACK LH LIST LOADBTM LOADHIGH LOCK LOG MD MEMORY MKDIR MOVE MSGBOX ON OPTION PATH PAUSE POPD PROMPT PUSHD QUERYBOX QUIT RD REBOOT REN RENAME RETURN RMDIR SCREEN SCRPUT SELECT SET SETDOS SETLOCAL SHIFT SHRALIAS START SWAPPING SWITCH TEE TEXT TIME TIMER TITLE TOUCH TREE TRUENAME TYPE UNALIAS UNLOCK UNSET VER VERIFY VOL VSCRPUT WINDOW YRW2=.AND. .OR. .XOR. BREAK BY DEFINED DIREXIST DO ELSE ELSEIFF ENDDO ENDIFF ENDTEXT EQ EQL EQU ERROR ERRORLEVEL ERRORMSG EXIST FOREVER GE GEQ GT GTR IFF IN ISALIAS ISDIR ISINTERNAL ISLABEL ISWINDOW ITERATE LE LEAVE LEQ LSS LT NE NEQ NOT THEN UNTIL WHILERW3=_4VER _? _ALIAS _ANSI _APMAC _APMBATT _APMLIFE _BATCH _BATCHLINE _BATCHNAME _BG _BOOT _CHILDPID _CI _CMDPROC _CMDPROC _CO _CODEPAGE _COLUMN _COLUMNS _COUNTRY _CPU _CWD _CWDS _CWP _CWPS _DATE _DAY _DETACHPID _DISK _DNAME _DOS _DOSVER _DOW _DOWF _DOWI _DOY _DPMI _DV _ENV _FG _GDIFREE _HLOGFILE _HOST _HOUR _IDOW _IDOWF _IP _KBHIT _KSTACK _LASTDISK _LOGFILE _MINUTE _MONITOR _MONTH _MOUSE _NDP _PID _PIPE _PPID _PTYPE _ROW _ROWS _SECOND _SELECTED _SHELL _SID _STARTPID _SWAPPING _SYSERR _SYSFREE _TIME _TRANSIENT _USERFREE _VIDEO _WIN _WINDIR _WINFGWINDOW _WINNAME _WINSYSDIR _WINTICKS _WINTITLE _WINUSER _WINVER _XPIXELS _YEAR _YPIXELSRW4=@ABS @ALIAS @ALTNAME @ALTNAME @ASCII @ATTRIB @CDROM @CHAR @CLIP @CLIPW @COMMA @CONVERT @DATE @DAY @DEC @DECIMAL @DESCRIPT @DEVICE @DIGITS @DISKFREE @DISKTOTAL @DISKUSED @DOSMEM @DOW @DOWF @DOWI @DOY @EAREAD @EAWRITE @EMS @ERRTEXT @EVAL @EXEC @EXECSTR @EXETYPE @EXETYPE @EXPAND @EXT @EXTENDED @FILEAGE @FILECLOSE @FILEDATE @FILENAME @FILEOPEN @FILEREAD @FILES @FILESEEK @FILESEEKL @FILESIZE @FILETIME @FILEWRITE @FILEWRITEB @FINDCLOSE @FINDFIRST @FINDNEXT @FORMAT @FSTYPE @FULL @GETDIR @GETDIR @GETFILE @GETFILE @GETFOLDER @IDOW @IDOWF @IF @INC @INDEX @INIREAD @INIWRITE @INSERT @INSTR @INT @LABEL @LEFT @LEN @LFN @LINE @LINES @LOWER @LPT @MAKEAGE @MAKEDATE @MAKETIME @MASTER @MAX @MIN @MONTH @NAME @NUMERIC @OPTION @PATH @RANDOM @READSCR @READY @REGCREATE @REGQUERY @REGSET @REGSETENV @REMOTE @REMOVABLE @REPEAT @REPLACE @REXX @RIGHT @SEARCH @SELECT @SFN @STRIP @SUBSTR @TIME @TIMER @TRIM @TRUENAME @UNIQUE @UPPER @WATTRIB @wild @WINCLASS @WINEXENAME @WININFO @WINMEMORY @WINMETRICS @WINSTATE @WORD @WORDS @XMS @YEARSYM=%|=-,./BRK=()[]STR="’EOL=remEOC=-1EOL2=:EOC2=-1PROP=/IS=0/PI=0/O=3

Can each part of that line be split and also the contents be documented within the exported file?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    No that data record has a specific format and can’t be broken up. But…. You may be able to figure out how to get the update script to add to a record instead of replacing/inserting. If you can do that you could break the specification in to a few chunks that can then be documented. Don’t know if it can be done that way. Here is the doc for the update script commands.
    http://wiki.multiedit.com/doku.php/doc/ … _reference

HTH,
    Clay

CharlesG
    Participant

hi Clay,

Where can I get more information about the following of a language setup exported with the menu option…..

RW1
    RW2
    RW3
    RW4
    SYM
    BRK
    STR
    EOL
    EOC
    EOL2
    EOL3
    PROP
    /IS
    /PI
    /Q

Also will the exported file work with the "Update /F=filename" ???

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Those look like language settings for the colors. Check this post:
    viewtopic.php?t=1614

You can just Import the exported file. I suggested using that method to get snippets for an update file that you wanted to comment and organize differently. But yes the language elements are the same so it should run.

CharlesG
    Participant

The RW1 and other items I mentioned about are what I see in the line that starts

Dat LANG=JPSOFTRW1

so not sure if it’s colors. I know the RW1 to RW4 are reserved words for the coloring ….. Was just asking what the others are please?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    In the language record RW1 lists the reserved words, group one. In the color record it refers to the color info to use for reserved words list one in the language that is using that color scheme.
    In the language record these are the elements of the language:
    RW1 reserved word lists 1 thru 4
    RW2
    RW3
    RW4
    SYM symbols
    BRK brackets
    STR string delimiters
    EOL End of line comment
    EOC
    EOL2
    EOL3
    PROP Property strings
    /IS
    /PI
    /Q

Not sure about some of these. If you go to Tools-Customize_Languages and create a new "fake" language. Put something unique in each of the areas on the dialog, then export that language, you should be able to determine what the other data record elements belong to, as all of the elements in the record are the result of items being filled in the dialog.

Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.