Run Compile macro via a macro

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Run Compile macro via a macro

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MewUser
    Participant

I have two *.s files that I use to run macros, meaning that some of the functions that are used on one macro are defined in another.
    When I start MEW 2008 on Windows 7 64 bit, the second macro compile is not present. Apparently, When I compile my second macro, it is only good while MEW is running.

So, I am attempting to create a macro that will view the second macro(it is always open) and RM(‘Compile’), which gets me to the compile window, but then, how do I tell MEW macro that I want to hit the enter key to actually perform the Select button on the compile window? I have tried CR, but this creates a blank line in my macro!

Thank you for any suggestions.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    The problem is that the second macro file is not loaded into memory. There are three ways to attack this. The easiest is in your references to functions in the second mac file from the first, you need a complete reference to the function when you call it. So instead of (assuming abc is the function) RM("abc") you need to use RM("secondfile^abc"). Another solution is to prototype the functions from the second file in a .sh file and #include that in the first .s file. Another would be to load both mac files into memory in your startup2.s file.

When you compile a macro it is loaded into memory, but is not loaded when you restart Multi-Edit, until you call a macro from the file or recompile. If you use a complete reference, eg. file^macroname, all the macros in that file are loaded into memory.

The following post may help you decide how you want to go.
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2189&p=8044&hilit=startup2#p8044

Thanks,
    Clay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.