Running user created macros automatically…

Home Forums Multi-Edit User Created Macros Running user created macros automatically…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ketivar
    Participant

Hi,

I use ME to run SAS. When I execute a SAS program, it creates a log file and an output file, both are just plain text. I created a macro that determines if the log and list files are open in multi edit, if they are, it will re-load them. If they aren’t open, the macro searches the working directory for them, of they’re found, new windows are created then the files are loaded. I assigned this macro to a hot key (F11) and it works great.

So after I run a program, I can load my new log and output files at the touch of a button. However, I run this macro after every execution and it would be even nicer if I could get it to run automatically.

Right now I have ME configured so I can hit one key to comiple my SAS programs, then I wait for execution then I hit another key to run my macro.

I’d like to get it so I just have to hit one hot key that executes my programs (no compiler chioce menu) and then automatically calls my macro which loads the new log and output.

I’m new to the CMAC comipler but I’m sure there’s a way to combine these functions. Any suggestions for me?

ketivar
    Participant

I forgot to mention, I use command line to execute SAS.

My hot key is mapped to “Command Line”:

“c:\path\sas.exe” -sysin “<FILE>”

I assume this could be worked into the macro somehow but I’d have to add code to the macro that would wait for the execution to finish prior to checking for the updated output files.

deleyd
    Participant

Can you post the macro you made here? I’d like to have a look at it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.