search text in .xml files

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support search text in .xml files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    surfertje
    Participant

I would like to search for text in several .xml files. When i double click on the resultbox on a search result then in the above screen there should be the content of the xml file like the file is displayed in the web browser so in colors etc.
    How can i do this in Multi-edit 9?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi ,
    Multi-Edit does not have built in support (color coding, templates, etc.) for XML. You could add a tag database if you have Weblair in your version. Check out Tools-Customize-Weblair, tag databases.

surfertje
    Participant

Thanks, i have found tools-customize-weblair, but what must i do there, could you explain to me what to do exaclty?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

You will have to create a new tag database. If you select HTML4 and press the edit key you will see a list of tags. Select one of the tags(like Address) and press the edit key. You will see a dialog were you can specify attributes for that tag. So what you will need to do is either add tags to this database for your xml tags, or create a new tag database from scratch. Back out at the initial weblair setup, in the tag database area press the Add button, give it a name, then select you new tag database and press Edit. Then you will use the Insert button to add your tags. Proceed to insert all the tags you need, filling out the tag dialog for each. You may find it easier to just add tags to the HTML4 database.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.