Setup directory to run SAS from MeL for SAS

Home Forums MeLS (EZRTools – SAS Support) Support (EZRT) Setup directory to run SAS from MeL for SAS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 15,366 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 13 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

If you are having trouble running SAS from within MeLS, such as getting an error message when you try to setup the location of the SAS executable, you will need to replace your sas.mac with the one below.

NOTE: this is only for MeLS users, EZRTools users should NOT use this file. EZRTools users should not have this error.

Just un-zip the file and place the sas.mac file in your Mac directory under the installed directory for MeLS.

Thanks,
    Clay
    sas-mac.ZIP

ricardo
    Participant

Clay, I replace the sas.mac but I am still having some problems. Do I need to do some more under tools-customize menu options?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

If your problem is that you can set the location of sas.exe, and run SAS works until you restart MeLS, then you have to set the location again, then I think this will help. If you are experiencing something different then please let me know.

I will create a patch ASAP and place it on the Forum for download to fix this problem, In the mean time I have a quick fix that will solve the problem (this is also why I never found the problem in testing :oops: ). The error message you are getting is cause by a global variable not being set. The code that sets it is tied to Changing the SAS directory. I thought that a macro was being called every time you open a SAS file. This macro sets the global variable with info from the ezrtool.rc file. That macro is not being called on every open. I did not find the error because I always use sessions (and projects). When you use sessions every global variable is saved when you close and restored when you reopen the session. Here is how you can work around the problem until I have the fix available.

Method 1: Projects plus sessions
    Now you may want to just start using sessions and projects. A project is a collection of files and their directories(and some other stuff). To make sessions and projects work together you must in Tools-Customize-Sessions select "encode status files for each directory" and in Tools-Customize-Projects select "synchronize projects to sessions" You then create a project with Project-Create. Give it a name say, ABC. Select a directory (or whole tree) and select auto add files and add to the text box for extensions *.sas *.log *.out and any other extensions you want. Then press OK. Then go to File-Session Manager and select the session ABC, then do the Change SAS directory. You can add the switch to your MeLS shortcut file \SR (session restore). Now when ever you use that shortcut it will restore the last session (and project) you were working with. If you select View-Project a pane will open on the left of the edit area that you can double click on to open files. Once you do this you will probably want to set up multiple projects, if so you will want to check "use current session when creating" on the Tools-Customize-Sessions.

Method 2: Sessions only
    If you just want to use session then in Tools-Customize-Sessions select "global status file", then do the Change SAS directory and add the \SR switch to the short cut. This will save the SasDir global variable in the session file so that it will be set every time you start MeLS, thus you will not have to Change SAS directory every time you start MeLS.

Sessions will also cause all files you had open last time you were editing to be opened when you start MeLS. I find this very convenient.

Should have the patch soon, I hope this helps in the till then.

Clay

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

The patch for MeLS asking you to set the sas.exe directory again is .

Ballin Hortencia
    Participant

How do I set an avatar on this board?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Select "profile" link (top of all forum pages) and upload one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.