So, what is happening with development??

Home Forums General Announcements So, what is happening with development??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gorlash
    Participant

As of June 2021… is anything actually happening in the background?? I mean anything concrete, as in someone sitting at an editor, or a planning spreadsheet, or anything??

Enquiring Developers Want To Know ™

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

This is from the MESI CEO.

As you are well aware, we have not had a new product release in some many years now. This is not due to a lack of desire, but an unfortunate limitation of our product build.

When our partner Dan Hughes passed away of a sudden heart attack, he took with him all our product build secrets leaving us with no way to recreate the Multi-Edit 2008 build. As a result, we are unable to provide any patch releases or new features. Our Multi-Edit x build unfortunately has run out of funding to complete that project as a result of lack of sales for Multi-Edit 2008.

You can now see there are little options available to us for going forward with the Multi-Edit product builds. For this reason we are merely continuing to keep Multi-Edit on the market and alive with support for our existing user base and anyone who still seeks purchase of the product.

Thank you for being a dedicated Multi-Edit user and continuing to use and support our product!

Gorlash
    Participant

Wow… Thank you, for that poignant and clear description of the situation…

I never realized that Dan Hughes had actually passed away back then, I thought he had just gone to a new job… I guess that explains why no further development was ever done on me2008…

It has been a pleasure to use MEW, and ME-DOS before that… even in retirement, I continue to use it…

Thank you again for this message and update…

CharlesG
    Participant

Is it possible to view the notice of his passing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.