Some suggestions after using Ultra-Edit

Home Forums Multi-Edit Suggestions Some suggestions after using Ultra-Edit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ekamradt
    Participant

* It would be nice if quote highlighting worked across multiple lines.
    postgres pl/pgsql
    [code:34k4sl2o] s_Sql := ‘
    CREATE TABLE someTable
    (
    Why_Not text
    );
    ‘;[/code:34k4sl2o]

* It would be nice if when the cursor was next to a beggining or end bracket or parentheses that
    the corresponding one would change color or dim or highlight or something.
    * It would be nice if Select-All was a keystroke.
    * It would be nice if double-clicking a filename tab at the top would close the file.

Thanks for your time
    e

samej71
    Participant

* It would be nice if when the cursor was next to a beggining or end bracket or parentheses that the corresponding one would change color or dim or highlight or something.
    [/quote:svde85qp]

This functionality is somewhat already present. You can hit a key to highlight a section of code between two structure characters, such as parenthesis or curly braces. I have it mapped to ALT+[ (and ALT+] as a secondary), which I think was set up by default for my mapping. You can try this yourself by putting your cursor next to a parenthesis or brace and pressing ALT+[ to see if it highlights the text between it and its matching parens/brace.

If your current keymapping does not have these configured, you can easily add the keystroke(s) of your choice to highlight the section between the structure characters by going to Tools -> Customize -> General -> Keys/Commands -> Insert. Then enter the following items:

Name: Match Language Construct
    Command Line: Match
    Type: Macro
    Primary Key: [whatever you’d like]
    Help Index: Match Language Structure
    Disable for minimized: checked
    Reset mode: checked

There is also a graphic for buttons, icons which looks something like {<->}.

You can try searching for "Match" first by clicking the "Search" button to see if you already have it set up as another key.

* It would be nice if Select-All was a keystroke.[/quote:svde85qp]

This is similar to the last one. I think many key mappings use CTRL+A for "select all". In the same area as above, you can search for name "select all" to see if you have it set up as a different keystroke and what it is (and you can change it if you’d like). If no matches are found, you can insert this as well.

Name: Select All
    Command Line: Block^SelectAll
    Primary Key: Ctrl+A or whatever you prefer
    Type: Macro
    Disable for minimized windows: checked

–James

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.