Tags / Tag View pane modification question / request

Home Forums Multi-Edit Suggestions Tags / Tag View pane modification question / request

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    samej71
    Participant

Hello,

I work with projects/sessions that share many filenames with other projects. The files are in different directories, but the name of the file itself is often the same as files in other projects that are opened and scanned for tags in this project for reference/code borrowing.

I recently wanted to try the "tag view" pane again, and ran into a problem in the design, as least in how it works in my situation.

Let’s say I have a file named "Handler.pm" that is part of this project, and I’ve opened three other
    "Handlers.pm" and scanned them all for tags. I see "Handler.pm" four times in the Tag View, without being able to tell which Handler.pm exists in which directory. But even more a problem is that *all* tags for *all* "Handler.pm"’s show up when any of the "Hander.pm"s are selected.

So, if I have patha/Handler.pm with a function named "A"; pathb/Handler.pm with a function named "B", and so on, I will see:

Handler.pm
    Handler.pm (selected)
    Handler.pm
    Handler.pm
    —–
    A
    B
    C
    D

And it doesn’t matter which Handler.pm is selected, the function list shows all functions merged from all of the Handlers. This is particularly confounding when the handlers also share common function names. Then I’ll get things like:

Handler.pm
    Handler.pm (selected)
    Handler.pm
    Handler.pm
    —–
    A
    A
    B
    C
    C
    C
    C
    D
    D

I started mulling around the macro source directory, but thought I’d be able to save some time and ask on
    the forum.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to look to see about modifying the display behavior to change how the files are displayed to include part of the path, and to make the function list specific to the selected file (in the tab view file’s pane), versus all files that have the same name as the selected file? Or even better, maybe some example code? :)

Thanks!

–James

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.