Tools->Customize… and Error #5001

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Lite Support (Lite) Tools->Customize… and Error #5001

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kevinhise
    Participant

I spent some time adding some syntax highlighting keywords to my VBSCRIPT configuration, and suddenly couldn’t get back into the Customize dialog, because of this error:

Can’t find MewSetup.mac in C:\Program Files\Mutli-Edit Light 2006 or C:\Program Files\Mutli-Edit Light 2006\mac

So, I had to delete everything (shift-del the entire directory) and reinstall. Funny thing is, the file still doesn’t exist, but I don’t get the error (que Twilight Zone theme song).

Kev.

kevinhise
    Participant

Perhaps it was some settings imported from my version 8 install that it didn’t like, which eventually caused it to die.

Kev.

deleyd
    Participant

Setup.mac should be in the \mac directory.

There are some mac files which get put in the mew.mcl library file instead, and those *.mac files are deleted. Look at the file \Utils\mewmcl32.lst which lists these files, and see the last followup post to [url:3o9v204p]http://www.multieditsoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=359[/url:3o9v204p]

DanHughes
    Participant

The Setup macro file was renamed from MewSetup.s to Setup.s for Multi-Edit v9.0 and later. What probably happened was you added some v8.0 entries which referred to the old macro file name. Multi-Edit Lite was based upon Multi-Edit 9.10 and later updated to v10.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.