Very basic template question

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Very basic template question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kjkosse
    Participant

Hi!

I decided to try to use templates for the first time in MEW 11.04 and am running into a very fundamental problem.

For example, using the dbase language: I open a file named test.prg. On a blank line, I type in HEADP <space> and my understanding is that it should put in the Procedure Header template at that point. Nothing happens for me — I just get HEADP on a blank line. I’ve tried it with both global off and on.

What am I doing wrong? I’ve used this program for years and it is an absolute beauty so it must be something I am doing.

Thanks

Kevin

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,
    Are you using the Evolve addon? It has its own settings for template expansion. You might also check Tools-Customize-Extensions, select the extension that is the same as the file you are editing and press the edit button. Then see if the template set has be selected. I think DBase is the template set you want. There is also a check box on that dialog that controls auto template expansion. You may also want to go to Tools-Edit Templates, select DBase and see if the auto expand is set there for the templates that are not expanding for you.

Thanks,
    Clay

kjkosse
    Participant

Thank you! The autoexpand check was what I was missing so it now works.

Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.