Very old Multiedit Tags bug

Product Compare Forums Multi-Edit Support Very old Multiedit Tags bug

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #2380
    TommyB
    Participant

    Hi,

    I think I reported this a looooong time ago.

    Now, after upgrading to ME2008, I stumbled across this again.

    Consider a xbase program file "test.prg" with one single line:

    METHOD Test:SomeFunction( access )

    When trying to create the tags for this file (or all .prg file in directory), the tag scanner completely hangs and MultiEdit needs to be cancelled via windows task manager.

    Probably some recursion in the routine Tag_B_XBase in Metags.s is the source of the problem.

    The key seems to be that "access" is one of the xbase language key words, even if the parameter name contains "access", the tagging macro hangs.

    regards
    Thomas

    #7977
    TommyB
    Participant

    …seems like nobody at ME Inc. is reading this – I would have expected at least some short comment in nearly a month’s time. :cry:

    thomas

    #7978
    DanHughes
    Participant

    Thomas,

    I’m sorry that you didn’t get a response before now. I’ve been very busy with getting the latest versions of our Multi-Edit products ready for full release so haven’t been monitoring the Forums too closely myself.

    The Tag_B_XBase macro is the original code for tagging functions and hasn’t been updated because there hasn’t been too much demand for xBase language support. I personally haven’t done much with xBase languages but we recently received some updates to support xBase++ which we plan to be adding shortly. I will try to take a look at your issue when I start working on the above updates.

    Thanks for your report.

    #7987
    deleyd
    Participant

    I haven’t been able to reproduce this. Does it happen on ME2006?

    #8025
    TommyB
    Participant

    I haven’t been able to reproduce this. Does it happen on ME2006?[/quote:3a34bp02]

    Not sure abput that, the version I used before MEW 2008 was 9.0d… this is
    what I meant by writing "very old bug" :-)

    xBase languages but we recently received some updates to support xBase++[/quote:3a34bp02]

    Cool, very good news – thanks for the feedback.

    regards
    Thomas

    #8263
    TommyB
    Participant

    …any news on this?

    #8302
    TommyB
    Participant

    …any news on this?[/quote:ghch7igm]

    I have seen that just the day I wrote this, a new version 11.02.00 was released…. is there a page where I could see the changes online?

    #8303
    DanHughes
    Participant

    You can read about the changes made to the latest version of Multiedit at http://www.multiedit.com/Me2k8-Readme.html

    I didn’t get to the XBase++ support code as it was from a user and I forgot about it in the shuffle of everything going on. I did take a quick look at your issue and see that if the Evolve AddOn is enabled and the *.prg extension is setup to use one of its language setup records then I can duplicate your hang. If you were to associate the DBase language with the *.prg extension then the tag function in the DBase.s file is used and it seems to work fine. I also ran a quick test with the user updated MeTags.s file that we received and it appears to not lockup when a tag scan is run but it uses the default MeTags.tag file that is used for all unspecified languages. I’m attaching a zip file with that version of MeTags.s so you can try using it yourself. Of course I haven’t done any major testing with it and there is some code in it that I probably wouldn’t put into a release since I don’t like hard coding language specific features into macros that are general purpose. I’d have to rework the code to move the language specific code to a language specific macro file and change the general macros to call the specific code based upon the language being used before it would be available in a release.
    MeTags.zip

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.