website link not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4,309 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CharlesG
    Participant

The addlanguage link on viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1111 does not work. I am working on making a install/upgradfe package for MyDefrag.com’s .MyD files and not sure excactly what I need to include….

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Here is a link to info on adding language support.

http://wiki.multiedit.com/doku.php/doc/ … ng_support

CharlesG
    Participant

Will the wiki article be what I need for the 8.x line of MEW?

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

I think so, my EZRTools addon was available in Me8, but that was a long, long time ago…..

Have a look at some of the other addon packages you may have for the format of the lst, dat and upd files. A lot of the entries you can cut from your Meconfig and Command map dbs (ie the menus, keywords and commands you added to your system manually), just wrap them with the set page stuff.

Let me know if you need some examples of the 3 language support files for an addon.

CharlesG
    Participant

Hi there and thank you for the replies. In the Language Setup screen – what goes in the "SepChars" field? The help file doesn’t even list it. I am setting up my meconfig.db then I will look into the 3 files… lst, dat and upd files

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

This is what I got from pressing the help button on the set up dialog.

ยท SepChars: There are instances where you may wish to treat one or more characters as EOL delimiters, but those characters already have a special meaning because they occur in one of the other fields on this dialog. SepChars (short for "separating characters") circumvent this limitation in some, but not all, instances. If the delimiter character specified in the first textbox is immediately preceded by one of the characters specified as a SepChar for it, Multi-Edit will treat it as an EOL delimiter. In the absence of one of the defined SepChars, Multi-Edit will not consider it an EOL comment. At present, TCL/TK is the only language with a SepChar defined by default, but you can define your own as you see fit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.