Word Wrap In Version 11.04.00

Home Forums Multi-Edit Lite Support (Lite) Word Wrap In Version 11.04.00

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3,690 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Martin 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

thisguycecil
    Participant

Hello.

I have never been able to figure out how to get word wrap to work, either in this version of ME-Lite (v11.04) or in my old loyal standby, version 8.0j. Namely, in the menu: Text | Layout | Options | Word Wrap.

There are no tabs in the text file I wish to view. It’s just a few lines which extend to around 120 characters each. In the dialog box I have these settings:

Edit Mode: Text
    Indent Style: Auto
    Word Wrap: enabled
    Save Format Line With File: disabled
    Display Tabs: disabled
    Tab Spacing: 3
    Right Margin: 79
    Tab Settings Mode: Using Tab and Margin Settings – Ignoring Format Line

Is there some combination of settings in that dialog box which I’m not doing right?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

—————-
    Regards, Cecil

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Cecil,
    The word wrap settings, either set through Text-Layout or in the Extension setup only effect lines you added or edited.

Hope that helps,
    Clay

thisguycecil
    Participant

Hello Clay.

Other editors I have used DO allow existing text documents to be opened and viewed in word-wrap mode. So in Multi-Edit that ability only exists if the text document is first produced by the app itself? Or, are you saying that word-wrap mode only applies to content generated "during" the Multi-Edit editing session?

As I noted earlier, the text documents I am trying to view are very simple and clean. Frequently I look at code headers and comments from other authors which (for whatever reason) are sometimes very long in line length. What I am trying to do is to avoid installing a separate text editor for the singular purpose of viewing certain types of source docs in word-wrap mode.

tlscales
    Participant

Highlight the text with the long lines, then choose Text | Reformat paragraph from the menu.

Clay Martin
    Keymaster

Hi Cecil,
    No what I am saying is that Multi-Edit does not "view" in word wrap mode, with the correct settings it will break lines entered or edited at a particular column. It is not a view, it is a actual line break. One of the items on the wish list for the next release is a word wrap "view". Not sure when that may be implemented.

What Tim suggested will wrap the lines, but again the file is being changed through the addition of line breaks.

Clay

thisguycecil
    Participant

Clay and Tim.

I understand this a lot better now. Thank you both for your advice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.